Why Join Vahak?
Aside from the fact that we're building India's leading B2B transportation marketplace, have bean bags, unlimited snacks, stellar perks and pretty much the coolest team -
... We forgot the punch line.
Oh well, if you want to be a part of a dynamic workforce and build a product that's impacting the lives of over 10 Lakhs+ Indian transporters - come join us!
Fascinated by our culture? Get to know more about us!
We at Vahak, are seeking a passionate and proven candidate for the role of Head/Director of UX Design. This role will be leading all the UX initiatives taken up across all product portfolio of Vahak consisting of mobile app, mobile website & desktop products.
The Head of UX Design must lead, hire, develop and manage a high-performing team of UX designers and researchers, Visual & UI designers and other product & content designers. Your team will define early concepts, articulate end-to-end experiences, and craft elegant design solutions across a range of devices while collaborating closely with design, research, product, and engineering peers within Vahak. You must inspire designers & product copy writers to do their best work through selling the product vision, communication, coaching, and problem solving.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Grow, develop and lead a team of talented product designers i.e. UX designers and researchers, UI & visual designers, UX copy writers.
- Understand & craft the user experience strategies and drive the overall design solutions based on usability, consistency, business goals, time to market and customer experience.
- Define UX Vision for the company, create actionable roadmaps for the Product design team.
- Maintain & upgrade fundamental blocks of designs like design system, text style-guides, brand tone & voice to help design teams keep up with the consistencies and quality standards.
- Make user-centric & collaborative design processes to create high quality user experiences. Brainstorm with other product leaders to align on and improvise on entire Product Life-cycle.
- Collaborate with engineers, other cross-departmental folks to maintain product documentation consisting of UX gaps & action plans to mitigate them.
- Collaborate with data team to understand gaps in the UX, communicate data insights Proactively interact with product, engineering & business leaders to understand their business goals and objectives. Be a part of the senior management defining vision and roadmaps for Vahak.
- Explore new ideas for the UI and UX, be abreast with the latest trends and theories. Act as a leader and expert in the subject matter, motivate, support & groom your design team. Set a culture of excellence and problem solving.
Ideal Candidate/ Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 8+ years professional experience as user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role.
- 5+ years of experience leading design teams as a UX, product or interaction design manager.
- Have an in-depth understanding & knowledge of Product & UX Design across digital platforms. Solid understanding of UX concepts, theories, design tools, management systems etc.
- Firmly believes in and have a mindset towards collaboration, user empathy, curiosity, problem-solving, communication skills, and visual communication skills.
- Prefer candidates coming from Mobile App Base Product Companies, Product Start-ups and eCommerce companies.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your & team’s performance and its impact on company's success
Some Key Points to Consider Before Applying:
- Preferred Full-time experience: 6-12 years as a UX/UI Designer & Design leader.
- Keen on leading UI Design, UX Design and Interaction Design.
- Understands and focusses on usability.