Why Join Vahak?
Aside from the fact that we're building India's leading B2B transportation marketplace, have bean bags, unlimited snacks, stellar perks and pretty much the coolest team -
... We forgot the punch line.
Oh well, if you want to be a part of a dynamic workforce and build a product that's impacting the lives of over 10 Lakhs+ Indian transporters - come join us!
Fascinated by our culture? Get to know more about us!
About The Role:
We at Vahak, are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Data Engineering lead to join our young & diverse team.You will play a key role in the data science group, working with state of the art big data technologies, building pipelines for various data sources and developing organisation’s data late and data warehouse
Our goal as a group is to drive powerful, big data analytics products with scalable results.We love people who are humble and collaborative with hunger for excellence.
- Should act as a technical resource for the Data Science team and be involved in creating and implementing current and future Analytics projects like data lake design, data warehouse design, etc.
- Analysis and design of ETL solutions to store/fetch data from multiple systems like Google Analytics, CleverTap, CRM systems etc.
- Developing and maintaining data pipelines for real time analytics as well as batch analytics use cases.
- Collaborate with data scientists and actively work in the feature engineering and data preparation phase of model building
- Collaborate with product development and dev ops teams in implementing the data collection and aggregation solutions
- Ensure quality and consistency of the data in Data warehouse and follow best data governance practices
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Bachelor’s or Masters in a highly numerate discipline such as Engineering, Science and Economics
- 2-6 years of proven experience working as a Data Engineer preferably in ecommerce/web based or consumer technologies company
- Hands on experience of working with different big data tools like Hadoop, Spark , Flink, Kafka and so on
- Good understanding of AWS ecosystem for big data analytics
- Hands on experience in creating data pipelines either using tools or by independently writing scripts
- Hands on experience in scripting languages like Python, Scala, Unix Shell scripting and so on
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using business intelligence tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI would be an added advantage (not mandatory)