Why Join Vahak?
Aside from the fact that we're building India's leading B2B transportation marketplace, have bean bags, unlimited snacks, stellar perks and pretty much the coolest team -
... We forgot the punch line.
Oh well, if you want to be a part of a dynamic workforce and build a product that's impacting the lives of over 10 Lakhs+ Indian transporters - come join us!
Fascinated by our culture? Get to know more about us!
We are looking for a Backend Developer who will be working on developing our product (concept, design, test, release and support). Role will turn into Lead Application Developer based on the performance. The candidate will be reporting directly to the VP Engineering
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Translate requirements and implement product features to perfection using open source technology stack
- Deliver best-in-class code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile products
- Work on continuous improvement of the products through innovation and learning. Someone with a knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Experience in developing features for highly complex, distributed transaction processing systems.
- Write documentation and automated tests for code to be written. Implement functionality for automated tests that will successfully pass and meet coding standards. Debug production issues and create subsequent mitigation plans. Optimize performance of existing implementations.
- Stay abreast with new innovations and the latest technology trends and explore ways of leveraging these for improving the product in alignment with the business.
- As a component owner, where the component impacts across multiple platforms (5-10 member team), work with customers to obtain their requirements, and deliver the end to end project.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience as a Backend developer. Experience with Golang is mandatory
- Deep understanding of multiple design patterns and industry best practices
- Capability to debug moderately complex problems and analyze logs in production systems and to read existing code.
- Deep understanding of various data storage options, such as Relational, NoSQL
- Solid understanding and experience with object-oriented programming and associated design patterns. Proficiency working with object-oriented design, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Strong leadership skills with capability to lead a team of engineers
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment with Jenkins/CircleCI
- Understanding and experience in Docker, Kubernets, and AWS cloud services
- Strong experience in building Microservices
- Experience with Agile Development (SCRUM methodology, JIRA).
- Good understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Mercurial, SVN, etc. and familiarity with continuous integration
- Good knowledge of streaming and messaging platforms like KAFKA and RabbitMQ.
- Prior experience working on high visibility, high traffic web applications will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of WebSocket, REDIS, Memcached and Cloud Messaging Frameworks (PUSH Notifications)
- Hands-on experience in Elasticsearch ELK stack- Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash, REST API integration.