Welcome to an in-depth comparison between two leading commercial vehicles in the Indian market – the Ashok Leyland Dost and the TATA Intra V30. Due to the heavy reliance on commercial vehicles for logistics and transportation, narrowing down on the right one can leave you confused.
To help you make an informed choice, we will dive into a thorough analysis and comparison of Ashok Leyland Dost and TATA Intra V30. Be it the key features, performance, or specifications of the two business automobiles, we aim to discuss everything to provide you with accurate and reliable information. So, let’s get started!
- The Ashok Leyland Dost is a fuel-efficient light commercial vehicle with a payload capacity of 1500 kg.
- It is priced reasonably within the range of ₹7.75 – ₹8.25 Lakh and offers good mileage.
- The Tata Intra V30 is a high-performance vehicle with a sturdy body, falling within the price range of ₹8.11 – ₹8.44 Lakh.
- For businesses dealing with the shipping of perishable goods, the Tata Intra V30 provides quick and effective transport solutions.
Ashok Leyland Dost vs TATA Intra V30
The Ashok Leyland DOST+ is a light commercial vehicle that promises and delivers a lot. Let’s check out its features in detail to understand it better.
Even though it is a light commercial vehicle, the Dost packs in a punch. How? Take a look at its features:
- The Dost has a powerful 1.5 L, i-GEN 6 Technology Diesel Engine that delivers excellent performance and fuel efficiency.
- With 1478 cc and 80 hp power, you are in for a powerful driving experience.
- Choose from standard or tilt & telescopic steering options to drive with ease and control.
- Expect a smooth driving experience with the manual, 5-speed gearbox.
- The 240 mm clutch, featuring a single dry plate and diaphragm design, ensures smooth gear shifts and easy operation.
- The parabolic leaf springs and shock absorbers make your rides comfortable.
Moving on from the technicalities, let’s now focus on the design and build of the vehicle.
- With a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 2805 kg, the Dost makes for a high payload capacity of 1500 kg.
- The ergonomically-designed cabin provides the driver with optimum comfort.
- The Dost has a fuel capacity of 40 litres, which allows you to go on longer trips without worrying about refuelling.
- The chassis cabin gives a sturdy structure to the vehicle, making it more durable and stable.
- The high-quality front and rear tires are designed for optimal performance, offering good traction and stability.
- The 2510 mm wheelbase makes the vehicle suitable for operating in congested areas.
What sets the Dost apart from its competitors, you may ask? Well, you can find an answer below:
- The Dost complies with emission norms, making it an eco-friendly vehicle.
- It is specially designed to offer a smooth and stable ride even on rough terrains.
- The vehicle is furnished with protective features such as disc or drum brakes and seat belts, among other provisions to ensure safety.
- The high payload allows the transport of more goods in a single trip, making it efficient for commercial purposes.
Vehicle Application/Area of Use:
The Ashok Leyland Dost is a perfect choice for businesses looking for a dependable mode of transportation for their goods. One of the standout features of the Dost is its capacity to strike a balance between mileage and power. Hence, you can rely on the Dost to deliver both performance and efficiency, making it a top choice for commercial purposes.
Don’t jump to conclusions before knowing the Tata Intra V30 compact pickup truck. Its tough build makes it another favourite. Why? Review the truck in detail:
Do you know why the Tata Intra V 30 is known as a powerful vehicle? This is because:
- The vehicle comes with an advanced and eco-friendly BS6-compliant 1496 cc engine that delivers 70 hp power, making it a high-performing, fuel-efficient automobile.
- The manual 5-speed gearbox gives the driver complete control over the vehicle.
- The dry friction single plate clutch diaphragm adds to the smooth and efficient drives.
- In terms of suspension, the Intra V30 BS6 has 8 leaves with semi-elliptical leaf springs, providing a comfortable and stable ride.
- Disc or drum brakes, seat belts, and other safety measures give you complete peace of mind while driving.
- It must be noted that the entry-level model of the Intra V30 BS6 does not have power steering, which means the driver will need to steer manually.
What’s a commercial vehicle without a strong build? Just a shambled automobile frequenting a garage! But this isn’t the case with Intra V30.
- The Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 2565 kg allows businesses to transport more goods in one trip, improving efficiency and reducing costs in the long run.
- A driver-friendly cabin makes for a comfortable driving experience.
- Suitable for carrying heavy loads, it has a payload capacity of 1300 kg.
- The fuel capacity of 35 litres ensures you have lesser refuelling stops.
- The chassis with a cabin provides a solid and durable foundation for the vehicle.
- The specially-designed front and rear tires of the Intra V30 BS6 ensure the safe and smooth transportation of goods.
- The 2450 mm wheelbase keeps the vehicle steady and stable.
The TATA Intra V30 is not without its USPs:
- It is an efficient light commercial vehicle known for its robust build and powerful engine.
- The vehicle offers a wide variety of configurations to suit different needs and preferences.
Vehicle Application/Area of Use:
The TATA INTRA V30 is an ideal choice for transporting fresh commodities such as fruits and vegetables. The design of the Intra V30 adheres to recommended guidelines for transporting fresh commodities, making it a dependable and practical option for businesses dealing with perishable goods.
Which one to choose, Ashok Leyland Dost vs TATA Intra V30?
Both the TATA INTRA V30 and the Ashok Leyland Dost are light commercial vehicles, highly popular in the transport and logistics sector. Even though at a cursory glance, both the vehicles look similar, the one factor that sets them apart is the mileage offered- with Tata Intra V3, you get 17.6 km per ltr, whereas Ashok Leyland Dost gives you 19.6 km per ltr.
After weighing the pros and cons of Ashok Leyland Dost and TATA Intra V30, it’s evident that both have their unique advantages. If you’re transporting perishable goods, the Intra V30 may be the better option, as it’s designed specifically for this purpose. However, if fuel efficiency is your top priority, the Dost is the clear winner. In terms of price, the Dost is also a more budget-friendly option, with a price range of ₹7.75 – ₹8.25 Lakh, compared to the Intra V30’s range of ₹8.11 – ₹8.44 Lakh.
It goes without saying, before making a final decision, it is always wise to test the waters and determine which vehicle best suits your needs and preferences. You can find the right vehicle for your logistics business using a transport marketplace such as Vahak. With Vahak’s extensive selection of vehicles, you can easily book the one that meets your transportation requirements.
So why wait? Explore Vahak today and simplify your logistics operations!