Owning a goods transport business is stressful. From managing the fleet to taking care of operational tasks, there are a lot of things to keep in mind. This is why it is important to go digital if you want your transport business to succeed in 2022!
If you’re planning to start a goods transport business, this might be a great time to get started. With free transport apps like Vahak, you can easily take your business online. But there are some important things to learn if you want to start and grow a transport business. Let’s take a look at those.
Things to know before starting a goods transport business
Before you start a goods transport business, make a list of finding the following things:
• The budget required to start a goods transport business (for equipment and workforce)
• How to get the needed capital (bank loans, venture capital)
• Deciding your routes for goods transport (interstate, intrastate, etc.)
• Getting contacts for business (use Vahak marketplace for finding loads)
Rules & regulations involved in starting a transport business
Once you have made a list of the above points, you will need to identify the rules involved in starting a transport business.
- First register your business. You have multiple options to register your business ranging from a single owner, partnership firm, private limited company, etc. You can also visit an RTO to get more idea on registering a transport company.
- Once you’ve decided on your preferred business model, you can proceed to obtain the next legality in the form of GST certification, Federal tax ID number, etc. This will help you file taxes easily and even get loans without much difficulty.
- Reach out to the government offices such as the Regional Transport Office (RTO), etc., to get all the required permits and licenses. To run a transport company, it is important to have drivers with commercial vehicle licenses.
- You can also apply for an All India Permit if you plan on transporting your goods to various states PAN-India.
- Finally, you can get insurance for the trucks and truck drivers. Transport services providers often face several problems. It is advisable to get insurance from reliable providers like PolicyBazaar, HDFC Ergo, Digit, etc.
How to make your transport business profitable
Once your transport business has been registered and all the documents are ready, you can focus on operating it and getting revenue! Here are some simple steps you can take to make your transport business profitable:
- Use online load marketplaces to find loads for your trucks. You can use Vahak’s load market and find the right type of goods for your trucks! Finding loads regularly will help you get more revenue for your trucks.
- Grow your transport business network. Get in touch with transporters, consignors, manufacturers and other businesses that might need you. You can add people to your network using Vahak’s online transport directory.
- Share your transport business on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. You will be able to find many potential customers easily.
Grow your goods transport business with Vahak
In today’s digital era, it is important to go online. With the Vahak transport app and web marketplace, you can build your transport business brand online. You don’t need costly directories or personal networks! Find business for your trucks in minutes with Vahak.
Vahak helps you:
• Maximise on-road time and improve revenue by up to 70%
• Get easy return loads on all routes
• Create an online brand for your goods transport business
• Get loads from safe and verified businesses
• Grow your network by connecting with businesses across India
• Reduce calling time by 90% on online bookings, etc.
With the Vahak transport app, you will be able to grow your business in no time! Register for free today.
Leave a Reply