India has a strong transportation industry with heavy commercial vehicles forming the backbone of the vast logistics sector. Heavy commercial vehicles are crucial for moving the bulk of goods across the country.
Considering the potential in the industry, if you too are planning to add to your existing fleet, do take a look at the below-mentioned top 5 heavy commercial vehicles in India. The extensive variety of vehicles available in the market might leave you confused as to which one is better than the other. So, here we are with a detailed overview that can help you make an informed decision.
So, without delaying it any further, let’s have a look at the options available.
What Are Heavy Commercial Vehicles?
Popularly considered to be among the best trucks, a heavy commercial vehicle (HCV) is widely used across business industries for the transportation of goods. These can be tipper, trailer, haulage, tractor-trailer, or multi-axle among others, with their gross weight (GVW) between 19 tonnes to 55 tonnes.
What Are The Top 5 Heavy Commercial Vehicles In India?
The Indian market is choc-a-block with heavy commercial vehicles. You can conduct thorough market research to understand their specific features and applications to narrow down on one that suits your requirements. Here we have listed the top 5 HCVs for you to take a look at:
- Tata Prima 3530K: The Tata Prima is one of the most reliable heavy commercial vehicles in India, with a payload capacity of up to 35 tonnes. Given below are some of the technical specifications.
- It is equipped with a powerful Cummins engine that delivers up to 380 horsepower and a maximum of 1100 Nm @ 1100 – 1 700 r/min torque.
- The Prima also features an advanced automatic transmission system and a reliable air brake system, making it one of the safest trucks on the road.
- The price range of Tata Prima starts from Rs. 31.59 lakhs.
- Be it quarry-to-crusher application or earthwork and irrigation, be it pit-to-surface application or ore and mining, there is nothing that this workhorse cannot do.
- Ashok Leyland Captain: The Ashok Leyland Captain is another popular heavy commercial vehicle in India known for its reliability and durability. It is available in a range of variants with different payload capacities, ranging from 16 to 40 tonnes.
- The Captain is equipped with a powerful H series engine that delivers up to 180 horsepower and 660 Nm of torque, making it suitable for long-distance transportation.
- The truck also comes with a reliable braking system and a comfortable cabin for the driver.
- The Ashok Leyland Captain falls in the price range starting from Rs. 18.54 lakhs.
- This is widely used in the sector of mining, textiles, logistics, construction, cement, industrial goods, etc.
- BharatBenz 3143: The BharatBenz 3143 is a heavy-duty truck that offers exceptionally consistent performance. Most apt for use in the mining industry, this heavy commercial vehicle has the following features:
- It is equipped with a powerful OM 457 Mercedes Benz engine that delivers up to 430 horsepower and 2100 Nm of torque.
- The truck also features a reliable transmission system and an advanced braking system that ensures maximum safety on the road.
- The price range of BharatBenz 3143 starts from Rs. 39.25 lakhs.
- The Bharat Benz range has been specifically designed for liquid/gas transport, agricultural produce, ore and mineral mining, and cement transportation among others.
- Mahindra Blazo: The Mahindra Blazo is a popular heavy commercial vehicle in India that is known for its load-carrying capacity and fuel efficiency.
- It is equipped with a powerful mPOWER CRDe engine that delivers up to 274 horsepower and 950 Nm of torque.
- The truck also features advanced FuelSmart technology that ensures maximum fuel efficiency, making it ideal for long-distance transportation.
- The starting price of Mahindra Blazo is from Rs. 20.94 lakhs onwards.
- Food grains, fruits and vegetables, barrels, boxes, engineering goods, construction materials, and market loads are some of its areas of application.
- Eicher Pro 8035XM: The Eicher Pro 8035XM is a heavy-duty truck that is known for its durability, mileage, and low maintenance costs.
- It is equipped with a powerful VEDX8 engine that delivers up to 350 horsepower and 1400 Nm of torque.
- The truck also features an advanced Eicher Live telematics system that ensures maximum productivity and efficiency.
- The price range of Eicher Pro 8035XM starts from Rs. 26.07 lakhs.
- This one finds application in the transportation of coal, limestone, iron ore, the irrigation industry, road construction materials, and the like.
Even though all the above-mentioned 5 heavy commercial vehicles are at their top game, if we need to choose anyone, we will go for the Mahindra Balzo. Its ability to give extra mileage and carry extra load, promises extra profits for your business. So, if you want a heavy commercial vehicle that is good on both mileage and load-carrying capacity, then this is the one you need.
All these 5 HCVs are equipped with powerful engines, advanced transmission systems, and reliable braking systems, making them suitable for the transport and logistics sector.
We hope to have cleared your doubts and confusion regarding the best heavy commercial vehicles in India. In case you have any further concerns or issues, we suggest you get in touch with our team at Vahak. It is an online transport community where you can seek answers to anything related to the transport and logistics sector.